SPARC is currently piloting the SPARC Open Education Leadership program during the 2017-2018 academic year. The pilot began on October 2nd with a cohort of 14 fellows selected from SPARC member libraries. Pilot fellows participate both as students and creators, helping to evaluate and improve the curriculum along the way. Fellows who successfully complete the pilot will receive a certificate and the title of SPARC Open Education Leadership Fellow, and will be credited as contributors to the program’s development.
2017-2018 SPARC Open Education Leadership Fellows
- Talea Anderson, Scholarly Communication Librarian, Washington State University
- Grace Atkins, Open Education & Outreach Librarian, University of Missouri
- Christopher Barnes, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Gettysburg College
- Will Cross, Director, Copyright & Digital Scholarship Center, North Carolina State University
- Abbey Elder, Open Access & Scholarly Communication Librarian, Iowa State University
- Amanda Larson, Open Education Librarian, Penn State University
- Jen Mayer, Head of Library Research Services, University of Northern Colorado
- Hope Power, Teaching & Learning Librarian, Simon Fraser University
- Stephanie Quail, Business Librarian, York University
- Michelle Reed, Open Education Librarian, University of Texas at Arlington
- Devin Soper, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida State University
- Janet Swatscheno, Visiting Digital Publishing Specialist, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Cody Taylor, Emerging Technologies Librarian, University of Oklahoma
- Elaine Thornton, Distance Education Librarian, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville
- Dr. Tanya Spilovoy developed the program curriculum and leads instruction.
- Shannon VanHorn provided instructional design for the program curriculum.
- Nicole Allen, Director of Open Education for SPARC, oversees the program.