Toolkit of Open Access Policy Resources
COAPI (Coalition of Open Access Policy Insttutions) members share best practices in OA policy advocacy and implementation with each other by email, phone, and face-to-face meetings. In addition to this informal sharing, COAPI hosts a toolkit of resources for its members. This toolkit includes templates, FAQs, documentation, and other items shared by COAPI members.
- Getting Started
- Guidelines for Contributors (public toolkit)
- COAPI Glossary
- Links to External Resources
- Relevant Studies and Publications
- Toolkit Working Group
If you have materials you’d like to contribute to this toolkit, please contact [email protected]
Beginning Work toward a New OA Policy
Starting from zero? Not sure where to begin? Below are some resources that might help as you think through the right path for your institution.
- COAPI Toolkit
- In Files, expand Public Resources, then click on “A-Policy Development and Adoption”
- The list of Relevant Studies and Publications contains some case studies and other likely useful literature. Please feel free to suggest new entries for it!
- Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP)
- See in particular “Good practices for university open-access policies”
If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we’ll try to help. We also encourage you to consider affiliate membership, which among other things gives you access to the community mailing list and a section of the Toolkit only available to members.
COAPI hosts an internal listserv for members to exchange news and information about open access policies. It is a low-volume list, averaging only a few messages a month. Representatives from any COAPI member organization are welcome to join.
If you are not already subscribed to the COAPI mailing list, please contact us at [email protected] to be added.