Monday, August 24th, 2020
Rescheduled from August 5th!
Libraries are facing a period of serious financial hardship while simultaneously navigating the shift to a system for sharing scholarship that is open by default. The decisions libraries make in the coming months in response to the budgetary impact of COVID-19 will have important consequences for the future of research infrastructure.
Now taking place virtually as a webcast on August 24th at 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT, the next ACRL/SPARC Forum will focus on this challenge—exploring how different institutions are re-evaluating their relationships with vendors, seeking to align their spend with their values, and keeping an eye on the long-term consequences of urgent decisions that need to be made in the short term.
The 90-minute session will follow a moderated discussion format featuring the following panelists:
- Chris Bourg: Director, MIT Libraries
- Jon E. Cawthorne: Dean, Wayne State University Library System
- Scarlet Galvan: Collection Strategist Librarian, Grand Valley State University
- Kaitlin Thaney: Executive Director, Invest in Open Infrastructure
- Moderator: Brandon Butler: Director, Information Policy, University of Virginia Library
The ACRL/SPARC Forum is free for anyone to join, but registration is required. Please click here to register.